Friday, February 18, 2022

Music Video Production - Friday Tiki Club - Portfolio Project

After assessing the various options for the portfolio project, I think I am deciding on making a music video for the band Friday Tiki Club and their new single Sunshine. I recently spoke with Mateo Escobar, the band's bassist, regarding the terms and logistics of the project, who agreed happily to the project.

Friday Tiki Club house show in October 2020

While the song Sunshine has been written and composed, Mateo tells me I have to wait until this weekend to receive a demo of the song, as the song only exists currently as a video recording of a live performance. I have alerted him of the urgency of the project so he promises he will have the demo ready by next week, dedicating the weekend to recording and mixing the song with the band. In the meantime, he recommends I listen to music from the band Beach Fuzz as he claims they have a similar sound/feeling to their song. Specifically, he recommended their song Welcome to the Club which is highly upbeat in nature with a grassroot boy-band feeling similar to the 1960s band, The Beach Boys, intermingled with aspects of 2000s indie pop.

P.S. You may recognize Mateo and Jake from my previous portfolio project "Skateboards and Monsters"

No comments:

Post a Comment