Saturday, March 5, 2022

What will the final song be like (and how will it affect planning)?

 When I first started this project, I was under the impression the song would be a lot more energetic so most of my ideas for the music video were based around parties and teenage energy, however it seems that the song has taken a much more gentle and relaxing tone. 

I think the direction of the piece is going to lead towards more day-time and beachy outdoor scenes rather than a late-night-sunset-drive feeling. The piece has not been finalized of course, but it makes it difficult to grasp at what type of music video I want to produce for them. For now, the general idea seems to be a story line surrounding a character yearning for someone or something (maybe the actual Sun) while inserting shots of the band playing the song live. If thats the case, I'm not sure whether we're filming the band scenes inside or outside since it will be difficult to transport instruments to, let's say, a beach. 

Overall, I'm thinking an MTV type of vibe but I'd have to hear the song with vocals to be fully sure what we're doing next and so I can produce the storyboard and screenplay.

Note: I might ask the band to do a poll on their Instagram asking their followers what their favorite indie-rock music video is for inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment