Thursday, February 18, 2021

Film About Dementia: Update

I'm not sure how I feel using my grandmother as a subject for my film opening about such a sensitive topic like dementia, so I will have to find another way to portray this in my film opening without using an elderly character. 

On another note, I am planning on working on this project with various friends who are not in my class, many of which are familiar with the album which is the inspiration for this idea. One of these friends, Nicolas Rivera, also really likes film and has wanted to work with me on a film project for a long time, so I see this as a great opportunity to do so. 

In terms of research and planning, everyday I'm diving deeper into the music hoping to get a greater understanding of the psyche of someone with this disease, as well as researching videos about dementia and resources describing it. I hope to represent this subject in the most appropriate and accurate manner possible, and if it turns out I can't use this as the subject of my film opening anymore, I suppose I will have to go with my Plan B which is some sort of psychological/cosmic horror film surrounding the "Backrooms." If Plan B is a no-go, I will most likely go with my Plan C and make a film opening for a coming-of-age film.


No comments:

Post a Comment