Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Film About Dementia

 While pondering in class today, I had the idea to not just make some abstract psychological horror film opening, but to do Everywhere At The End of Time justice and use it as a soundtrack in a film depicting dementia. I would film my grandmother and I would use her as a medium to represent dementia in parallel with the developing score of the movie. Although we're just supposed to make a film opening, if this were a full-fledged movie or short film, the film would surround the story of both the dementia patient and their caretaker. Although this may sound boring at first, the purpose of the film will be to depict the horror of this awful disease and therefore I would employ experimental filming techniques to retain audience attention and represent the disease through the visual medium. In addition to being a film about a meaningful and important subject, it would also be extremely easy to film as the filming locations would be mostly in my house or neighborhood as well as the fact that my grandmother lives with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment