Friday, February 12, 2021

Planning the Cambridge Portfolio Project

 Now that we have finished our music marketing projects, it is time to finally work on our big Cambridge assessment: the portfolio project. We're supposed to be making an opening for a fiction film, maximum of three minutes. I'm almost certain I want to make an opening for a coming of age film, I love that genre so much. I don't have a clear idea of what I want though, but I have been taking inspiration from a variety of indie films as I really like the aesthetic they have and their production. For example, I love the use of color in The Florida Project to reflect childhood innocence and coming of age,  while I like the stylistic choices of the movie Antrum (which is actually a horror film) which rely on visual language to communicate the story, such as the use of color, symbols, lighting, etc. I feel like I want to have some sort of flower field or corn field in my movie opening, as these are usually symbols for simple living which are the biggest themes in most coming of age films, in my opinion at least. I want my film opening to feel cathartic, almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment