Saturday, March 20, 2021

Film Update

 Two things: first, I have developed my plot with my friend Virginia Monasterio (or at least part of it), second, it seems I may not be able to use Adrian from the skatepark in my film opening (but we'll see if anything comes up).

So the other day I was hanging out with my friends Joseph and Virginia, when suddenly she went on a tangent about a screenplay she was writing. She went on and on for about half and hour, detailing a very intricate plot for a retro 60s film about a wife and her husband who was being drafted for the Vietnam War. After she was done, she went on another tangent about another screenplay she had written, just as detailed and just as gritty as the last one. 

I asked how long it took her to think of this and she said "like half an hour."

Me, not having a single word of a screenplay or an idea of an actual plot for my film, asked her for help for which she gladly agreed. I told her my general idea about a group of three teenagers going to the hobo hole to skate and all of a sudden there as some cheesy ass monsters blah blah blah. She liked the concept, and helped me build from there.

She told me that these three characters could be life long friends, with all three of them celebrating their last year of high school, and for this, they decide to go to the hobo hole to have one final adventure before they part ways.

It's not much, but its definitely a much more substantial plot than I had before. We will talk about it more over the next couple of days, but one concept I want to have engrained now is friendship and love. It sounds corny, but as an honorary indie kid (joke) I like to romanticize little things so maybe I can do this through the story of this film. On another note, I feel like I want a long shot of a character in front of the chip aisle. It just looks cool I guess with all the different color chips, I just felt like mentioning that lol.

So the second thing which I mentioned at the beginning: Adrian, the actor I was talking about in my last post. Apparently he is going to Tennessee during spring break and he won't be able to film until the end of the week, which is unpreferable, but I might have to if I can't find any other skaters to act in my film. I will see how this turns out, as I am planning on filming Wednesday during the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment