Thursday, March 25, 2021

Finished Filming and Editing Skateboards and Monsters

 So yesterday I spent around four hours with my friends filming Skateboards and Monsters, a lot less than I predicted it would take. We ended up not filming in the 7-Eleven as they kicked us out as expected, but I'm kind of glad they did because we improvised an even better scene that didn't require a convenience store and therefore also allowed us to film without masks on and preserve the accuracy of the era we were filming in. Everything was filmed on the VHS camera, and I used a steadicam grip to film basically all the skate clips where I'm tracking the characters. It was really fun to film, and overall not insanely difficult to do considering the annoyance of the camcorder and the last-second improvised scene.

(P.S. the improvised scene was not completely out of the blue, we just rewrote the scene so that it didn't have to be inside)

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link to the film opening yet, but here are some stills from the video you might enjoy:






No comments:

Post a Comment