Sunday, March 14, 2021

General Plot Idea

 I am still working on the story to my film, but I have a pretty general idea and framework of how I want the film to go:

A group of teenagers park off-road to skate to the hobo hole; here, the credits would be shown. As they reach the summit, they would sit down and drink some Monster Energy drinks (get it, pun. hehe). It would cross fade into a long shot of the group from far away sitting together. The shot would zoom out until you could see the entire location with the title being drawn across the screen in sharpie font, jittering like a stop motion video.

I'm thinking at the beginning of the film should start though with a foreshadowing of the monster. Like in my film The Other Plane from eighth grade, it starts off with the villain revealing interest in the main character, as seen from inside another dimension. This immediately sets up the film to be interesting and foreshadows the conflict before the film starts. This way, I can introduce the characters and such in another tone, acting as a contrast which is emblematic of the film's theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment