Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Breakout Rooms 2: Electric Boogaloo

 Today I actually went to school, which was quite a change of pace from the past two months, and we went into breakout rooms once again to meet up with our classmates and discuss our projects. As everyone went around, it was nice to hear peoples ideas and enthusiasm towards their film opening. I was paired with a very helpful group which gave really good insight on each others films. It was relieving once again to see that I was not the only one who was still lost with the project, and we all gave each other actual help. When I pitched my film, they all really liked the idea, but they could clearly tell I did not have a solid plot, and they recommend I create some sort of underlying theme/story other than the main "skateboards and monsters." That gave me the idea of "running away from adulthood," which would be symbolically represented with the monsters of the film. My classmate Shannon also recommended that I watch a show called "Mid 90s," as it bears the same aesthetic as my film opening, so I will check it out over the break. Overall, today's discussion helped develop a deeper plot for my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment