Friday, April 8, 2022

Final Thoughts

I'm almost done with everything, I just need to complete up the digipak design and write my Critical Reflection essay (thank you for not making it a video again, Cambridge). Currently, I'm wrapping up the project while in Spain, so hopefully I can manage the deadlines while navigating my trip/environment. 

I digress, however.

My experience with the whole project this year was definitely better than last year's portfolio project. Since we had the option to choose what type of video we wanted to make, I definitely felt like I had more control of the situation and was able to choose a genre I was good at: music videos. Filming with Friday Tiki Club was a mess at times, showing up late, arguing with plans, etc. Luckily, however, the whole music video for Sunshine is supposed to be a mess and I feel like I did a pretty good job at channeling the chaos into an entertaining and exciting music video for the band. Out of everything though, I feel like the most inconvenient aspect of the project was waiting for the band to finish mastering the final version so I could include in the music video. The other day, however, at last I received the final version of the song and did a simple Alt-Drag clip replacement on Premiere to swap the audio. Due to my trip, I made sure I at least uploaded the final music video somewhere online so I wouldn't have to worry about anything not exporting or etc.

Overall, I'm a bit worried about how I'm going to complete the final aspects of my project while I'm away, but luckily I got most of the major components out of the way and in general I'm happy with the current status/quality of my project, although I'm not especially proud of the social media component which I'll talk about in my CCR.

Hope y'all are ready for Sunshine....

No comments:

Post a Comment