Friday, February 26, 2021

Breakout Room Discussion

 In lieu of face-to-face interactions which most of us have not had for almost a year, today in class we went into breakout rooms to discuss our film ideas, as discussion amongst classmates and friends is very important in the creative process. I was especially relieved to have been in a very kind and exceptional group of students. We had very insightful and helpful conversations concerning our projects, such as giving advice and even helping to develop our classmates' stories/plots for their film opening. The meeting also helped relieve some doubts and anxieties I had about the project, as I am working by myself. I was relieved to hear many of the other students in the breakout room were still very lost and unsure what they would do for their film opening. 

As we took turns discussing our film openings and our problems we're facing towards the project, it was my turn to discuss my "kool-kid" coming-of-age film idea. Many of them liked the idea of basing a film off of the indie aesthetic which many of us indulge in with social media platforms such as Instagram and TikTok. One important thing they told me however, was to make sure the style is complimentary of the film's subject, and that I should develop the film's plot before I speculate its cinematography style. Overall, the advice they give was to work methodically, and to not get too ahead of myself by planning shots which may change according to what plot I decide on. 

Later this week I will discuss the film with my friend Sabrina Ares, who is in another period of AICE Media Studies, although she has her own film opening project to worry about as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment