Saturday, February 27, 2021

Possible Film Mediums and Styles for Opening

 Recently, I have been looking through my dad's old stuff and found some interesting items: a working cassette recorder and VHS camcorder. Perhaps I could use these in my film opening to authentically emulate the look of the nineties if I were to set the story in this era, although I would most likely only use the camcorder as cassette tapes are not used for filming. The advantages of using a camcorder would be that the story would be capturing the style of the era realistically, as well as giving the film opening a homemade look which is a common style/aesthetic in indie/coming-of-age edits on social media platforms. Since the film also takes on the subject of skateboarding, the camcorder would also be synonymous with skater culture as they are frequently used to record skate tricks and are prized vintage items. I may also buy a fish eye lens as this lens filter is also popular in the "indie kid" genre.


No comments:

Post a Comment