Wednesday, February 24, 2021

New Subject: Coming of Age Film "Skateboards, Cars, and Monsters"

 Yesterday, I finally made the decision to change my filming topic. I'm not sure exactly why, but the dementia idea made me feel very negative and I kept trying to push it aside in my head rather than actively brainstorm ideas or just in general. I want to make something positive and upbeat.

My new film opening is for a short film called "Skateboards, Cars, and Monsters," a movie about teenagers doing fun teenager things battling some spooky force of nature. However, this film is less reminiscent of a horror film, but rather a 90s teenage Halloween film aesthetic. I already have a few ideas for the film, and the most important factor being for the film to exude strong indie-kid Pinterest vibes.

Yesterday, I received permission from the indie musician Far Caspian to use any of his songs for my film opening:

"Hey Nicholas thanks for the kind words. Yeah, that's cool with me use whatever song you want!"

This new idea is making me much more excited than my previous one, even garnering much support from lots of my friends, asking if I need help or if they can act in it. I told my friends Sabrina and Cam about my new idea, and Sabrina was exuberant to help produce not only the film opening with me, but to possibly make a full length film after the project is done, just for fun. Cam recommended I watch films like Lady Bird for shot composition reference and others such as I Am Not Okay With This for genre research.

Although this new idea will be much more ambitious in terms of filming, I'm looking forward to it a lot more and I hope it turns out how I'm expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment