Sunday, February 28, 2021

Film Brainstorm and Idea Exchange

 I was not able to discuss the film this week with my illegitimate film partner, Sabrina Ares, but I was able to exchange a few simple ideas with someone else. Although I may have changed lanes since I last discussed the idea of filming the dementia film, my friend Nicolas Rivera and I once again exchanged ideas during a meet-up with our friend group today. I told him all about my new idea, and he responded with some criticism, as he was still upset that I had abandoned the original idea. After discussing it further however, he seemed to enjoy this new idea as well and gave me some of his ideas. 

I told him the new film was going to be called something along the lines of "Skateboards, Cars, and Monsters," to which he responded with the most obvious pun I didn't think of for some reason, "You should have them drink Monster Energy in the film as a wordplay to the title." I would still include the monster, of course, but he suggested that I have the characters drink this beverage in the film opening as it is a characteristic of the indie aesthetic, as many "alt" or "indie" kids enjoy the drink due to the energy it gives them, considering their stereotypical teenage sleeping habits. 

In addition to this, he suggested to change the title to just "Skateboards and Monsters," as a laundry list of a title may be overwhelming and too cliché, along with the fact it removes the necessity of having to also focus on the driving aspect of the film which would be difficult to film without special cameras such as GoPros, or having to capture driving footage from another driving car.

No comments:

Post a Comment