Saturday, March 6, 2021

Location Scouting: The Hobo Hole

 For my rebellious skater kid film, I'm hoping to find a location to match this aesthetic. Luckily, I believe I know a location: the hobo hole.

Legend has it, if you go to Markham Park and walk across the aviation field, you will find the bottom of the highway overpass. Here, if you approach the summit where the bridge meets the ground, you will find a hole which takes you into the inside of the overpass, hence, the hobo hole. Pretty cool, huh? 

Also legend has it that I went there two year ago with my friend group after hiking outside the perimeter of the park. It's a pretty cool looking place: graffiti everywhere, a sick view of the cars as they pass by, random furniture which people have brought and destroyed, and an amazing view of the sky. This is definitely the place I want to feature in my film. 



This weekend I will try to go with my friends to scout the location, just to see what's changed after these years, and if we could possibly film there. We're probably gonna bring a ladder so we can get into the hobo hole safely. I don't remember if the climb is dangerous or not, but I remember that I was the only one who could enter it last time so maybe we might need it. But the entrance might be locked which is another thing. I'll work it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment