Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Created an Instagram for "Sunshine"

So I finally gave in and made a social media page for the song's release, @sunshine.ftc on Instagram. As the project comes to a close, I realized the importance of being able to manage the band's social media outlets rather than relying on them to do the posting. Through this, I also have more control marketing-wise and I can post efficiently without having to wait on the band to do so which allows the band to run a more efficient campaign since posts are more consistent in frequency and style.


When deciding what I should post on the page, I decided on using memes to engage the target audience since the band is known for not taking things seriously as mentioned in one of my previous posts. However, there are also some posts showing short clips of the music video out of context to remind the audience that the release of this song is actually a serious endeavor and will not yield a mediocre release.

   

An important aspect to consider when making promos for the music vid is to make sure not to give away too much to the audience in order to maintain hype for the project. To to this, I make sure to only use footage clips rather than clips from the actual music video since they are in less context. I would also like to mention that since this project is not only for the sake of AICE Media, but for Friday Tiki Club as a band in general, I followed various people using the account to create exposure and have people follow back for updates regarding the song. Currently, there are 40 users following the account and hopefully more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment